Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:10/12/1999; 8:42:40 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

AP: Boston Beats Cleveland. It's Boston vs NY and Atlanta vs NY. Interesting baseball year!

What a joy and a surprise to watch the Red Sox come back from a 2-games-to-none deficit! It reminded me of the Mariners in '95, when they returned from 2-0 to beat the Yankees in game 5. (But then were defeated by the Indians in the ALCS.)

I'd normally pull for the Yankees, but their karma isn't what it has been. It's getting too automatic for the Bronx bombers. What's worse, they traded away David Wells, one of the most spirited members of any team, pitcher of a perfect game for the Yankees in 1998. Wells loved being a Yankee, even wore an old cap of Babe Ruth's. As great as a subway series would be to end the millenium on, I've got to root for the Sox. (It would also be great to finally end the curse of the Bambino.)

The Yankees may be the better team, but the Red Sox beat them 8-4 in regular season play. So there's a chance.

I'm pulling for the Mets, too. (On the advice of counsel, I refrain from making any comments about the Braves.) Go Mets!