Re: Breakage of Wired (AvantGo)

Author:Ross Olson
Posted:10/13/1999; 12:11:04 PM
Topic:Breakage on the Wired channel

It would be nice to have an error page at:

http://www.wired.com/news_drop/palmpilot/topstories/index.html

that let's people know where they should be going. I hope that JV and his staff are watching their error log closely, and putting explinations of the new system into files located at those error points.

It was strange, I'm on the Palmpilot version of the Top Stories all day long. I probably noticed the change over within 5 minutes of it going live. For the entire backend to switch over so quickly was pretty amazing.

But I'm curious as to why they did it in the middle of the day. It must have been about 3:00 or so in the afternoon when it happened.