RE: Linux changes the economic model for OSes

Author:Mike Gauland
Posted:10/15/1999; 10:02:58 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Dave wrote: Microsoft hasn't offered me, a developer, the chance to bake my software into their operating system. Linux, the OS without the OS vendor, has no opinion about whether I do a bake-off or not.

As long as you don't distribute your cooking. If you want to let anyone taste your binaries, most "free" software licenses (e.g., the Gnu GPL) require you to also release your sources.