Re: LML: From the US Congress IT Office

Author:Erik Neu
Posted:10/15/1999; 10:48:18 AM
Topic:LML: Legislative Markup Language?

I received a response from Joe Carmel in the IT department of the U.S. Congress--see below.

I checked out the Tasmanian site he refers to. Quite impressive! It specifically mentions, as one of the design objectives, the very type of problem that interested me in the potential benefits of XML/SGML-based systems to the drafting of legislative documents.