Re: 7.0 Earthquake Hits So. California

Author:Jim Goodman
Posted:10/16/1999; 11:51:48 AM
Topic:7.0 Earthquake Hits So. California

this was qute an interesting one... i have lived in Santa Monica for about 10 years, so i have seen the last couple "big ones". this was a "roller" for those of you that have been through an earthquake. it felt much more like a ship on the ocean than being shaken awake. it did last for a considerable time though. i would say about 30-45 seconds. long enough for me to wake up off the couch (where i had fallen asleep to tv), change the channel, watch my two cats "wig" for a moment, etc.

No damage, just another interesting morning in southern california - home to the great phrase, "don't trust air you can't see...."

shake, rattle, and roll.