Bananas - evidence of a higher power?

Author:Joe
Posted:10/20/1999; 3:56:19 PM
Topic:Killer tomatoes.

I remember reading somewhere where a comedian(?) was explaining how Bananas were sure fire proof of the existence of God or a god-like power. The reason: Bananas are too perfect.

Bananas grow on trees, the trunks of which are easy for a human to scale but keep out other animals, leaving the fruit for human consumption.

Bananas are sealed in a durable, yet easily accessable shell. The skin of the banana can be reused as well.

Unlike zespris or avocado, you can tell the condition of a banana just by looking - green is unripe, yellow is ripe and brown means it's time to make muffins. (Even when rotten, the fruit is still useful).

Bananas are very nutritious. I can't remember the stats but IIRC bananas are an excellent source of a number of vital vitamins and minerals.

Bananas taste great. And the seeds are easily digested by human, unlike most other fruits.

Now, I'm not sure how nature managed all this by herself, but I do know I eat a banana a day and I love them.