Re: SHWF: story lifetime?

Author:Kevin Kelleher
Posted:10/27/1999; 12:03:59 PM
Topic:SalonHerringWiredFool.Com

Cool idea, yes. But...

How useful will this site be to me?

I check Wired News each morning (once) and My.Userland.Com every hour while I'm at work.

Now, why would I go to SHWF? My.Userland already shows these feeds, doesn't it?

And let's say that there are folks only interested in those four news sources. Okay, SHWF could be interesting to them, but only if they are willing to hit it every hour. Otherwise, economy of effort will have them check each of the four sites once a day, where the story lifetime is at least 24 hours.

Kevin Kelleher