Re: SalonHerringWiredFool.Com

Author:Rogers Cadenhead
Posted:10/27/1999; 2:53:05 PM
Topic:SalonHerringWiredFool.Com

The domain was available. We think it's merely descriptive of what the site contains, so it's fair use. We're not claiming a trademark, just a domain name. And we specifically disclaim any endorsement by, or relationship with, any of the companies or products.

I'm a self-admitted idiot on the subject of syndication, so this comment is coming from that perspective: SalonHerringWiredFool.Com worries me as a content producer. Giving away some of your content to be syndicated by other sites should not be considered an invitation to take the site's name as well for a new aggregation site.

The whole issue of DaveNet vs. DaveNetics centered on confusion in the marketplace. The average consumer is going to think that SalonHerringWiredFool.Com is produced by those four companies in cooperation with each other.

As a consumer, it's certainly a useful site.