Re: The Crazy Bar Scene in Star Wars

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:10/29/1999; 9:03:12 AM
Topic:Re: The Crazy Bar Scene in Star Wars

Hear hear! I don't think anyone believes we'll be running the same protocols twenty years from now. We're still in the early stages of all this, it's a time to experiment and have fun, try lots of new ideas and see what sticks.

As long as we're starting from scratch with our editors, let's do it in a way that makes for good collaboration. One good thing about Word compared to the early editors, is the way different people can make changes and annotations, with everyone able to see who did what. Then you accept or reject for final document. For web documents this would be very helpful. If you really want to get fancy, look at the Xanadu stuff.

By the way, I don't think it was the lack of glory that bothered Kirk, it was the lack of horror. As long as we keep in mind how messy and horrible war really is, we'll be more inclined to avoid it.