Re: HTML Rendering library in MacOS 9

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/1/1999; 7:41:51 AM
Topic:HTML Rendering library in MacOS 9

Realistically, Microsoft is the only browser vendor who's been taking embedding the browser seriously. Having an Apple-supplied renderer completely misses the point for us at least. Our market is web developers. What's the point of viewing your pages in Apple's one-off browser? Unless I'm missing something and Apple's renderer is built on either Netscape or Microsoft code. The last thing the world needs is an HTML renderer from Apple. Sorry, no disrespect meant to Apple, but it's a little late, this train left the station a few years ago. ";->"