Re: What's the most reliable Whois out there?

Author:Matthew Haughey
Posted:11/2/1999; 12:27:49 PM
Topic:What's the most reliable Whois out there?

I guess I could ask this question at the ICANN conference in Los Angeles this month (actually I just looked at my calendar and it's going on now! crap, I forgot!). They should be able to say one way or the other that one whois db can be counted on.

Something cool I also noticed through registering at joker.com: when I look up my domain at register.com, it displays it as taken and what my nameserver is and nothing else. My home address and phone number are not broadcast out to snail-mail spammers! This was always my big privacy beef with NSI, I never understood why personal domain registrants had to have their home address publicly available.