ADSI

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:11/4/1999; 6:29:09 AM
Topic:Allaire Spectra vs. Frontier TNG

Could you define ADSI for those of us playing at home?

I was going for the most acronyms in a sentence!

ADSI is MS's "next big thing". It can access the IIS namespace, LDAP, NTDS, NDS, etc. Kind of a generic way of handling users, groups and access to resources. I have to say that I've had varying degrees of success with non-MS namespaces, and had the worst time with the documentation.

Here's a better place to start:
http://www.15seconds.com/focus/ADSI.htm

After much digging, I have successfully created a #security script that uses VBScript to authenticate against an LDAP directory!

David