Cocoon

Author:Josh Lucas
Posted:11/9/1999; 9:25:23 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

The Apache XML Project includes something called Cocoon 2.0, which is an XML-based CMS. I wonder why they didn't go with Zope, which is gaining a lot of momentum and would get them XML-RPC compatibility along with Python?

I've used Cocoon before and it is an interesting idea. The early versions required a physical XML file and a physical XSL file so that Cocoon could create the necessary HTML for all browsers.

It has continued to evolve from there. Here is a link which gives an early overview of what Cocoon 2.0 is going to try and do...

http://java.apache.org/cocoon/cocoon2.html

From my reading, I would say that they haven't decided upon a data storage but I'm on the mailing list so when I know more, I'll try and post it.

josh