Re: Microsoft to Lease Office

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:11/10/1999; 2:24:57 AM
Topic:Microsoft to Lease Office

Looks like this is exactly what John Walker (of autodesk fame) wrote about a long time ago:

http://www.fourmilab.to/documents/ProgramsArePrograms.html

Redmond, Washington, March 20, 1992. Transcript of meeting of John Walker and John Forbes of Autodesk and Bill Gates and Todd Needham of Microsoft.

WALKER: So let me see if I understand where you're going with this, Bill. What you'd really like is if in, say, five years, everybody with a computer gets a Microsoft bill every month, just like a telephone bill, for each product they use.

GATES: Precisely.