Re: WebLog update through E-mail?

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:11/10/1999; 7:39:58 PM
Topic:WebLog update through E-mail?

I'd like to appologize to anyone trying to reach these sites. I tried to install a backup tape drive and it hosed my system (NT). Bugger. Now NT reinstalls are blue screening. I was doing productive work until I dared to touch the machine's comfiguration.

Well..... Did someone say email?

Email to xml@esoroos2.dyndns.org shows up in the XML-RPC discussion group. At least it did a month or two ago or so, I don't know if the XML DG has changed since then.

Email to the ScriptMeridian Community list shows up at http://smlist.clueserver.com/ or http://209.245.177.3/smlist/ if the dns hasn't propagated yet. One of the things that's been on the list of things to do is to mirror the posts to that discussion group back to the mailing list. I also need to talk to Fearghas and get the full archives of that list online. You can test this mail-> dg by mailing to smlist@soroos.net, and it will show up there.

Email can also be dumped into the file system to be retrieved by the contentserver, if you wish.

This is all done with the frontier mailserver, linked from my new website, http://www.wiredfool.com . It's not complete yet, but as I get time, it's getting better. (It's a manila site!) (The old site at soroos.net still works, but I control the dns and the server for wiredfool, so it's where the new stuff is happening.) (BTW, wiredfool.com was inspired by the salonHerringWiredFool.com domain, but I thought the shorter name was a little snappier) (BTW2 I like parenthetical statements)

I've been doing some neat things with the email server recently, and I'm hoping to get a coordinated release together in the very near future. (Couple of weeks) (Murphy Willing)

eric

(ps, I used to program in Scheme, a dialect of lisp)

(pps, LISP == Lots of Insipid Silly Parenthesis)