Re: Why is it Called Manila?

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:11/16/1999; 8:54:58 PM
Topic:Why is it Called Manila?

Choosing soundalike names is not unknown to me. I chose Frontier because it has the same shape as Finder, and being a Mac product, I wanted its name to look familiar to Mac users.

I'm reminded of another Userland product, MacBird--a card-based GUI for Frontier. MacBird was a soundalike name to BlackBird, which was some Microsoft codename for something....