Re: Flycast Agreement

Author:Brian Carnell
Posted:11/17/1999; 10:59:22 AM
Topic:Flycast Agreement

Hmmm...I signed up with Flycast awhile ago, though haven't run any ads yet, but didn't read through their agreement very carefully.

What is really weird is this section:

"user-generated or "posted" content (i.e. Chat, Guestbook pages, hosted home pages)"

Why wouldn't they want ads from posted content -- that has one of the highest click through rates on my site.

Anyway, I don't know if it's standard, but it's very different from the contract I signed with BurstMedia (http://www.burstmedia.com/). There contract just has generic language saying basically that if Wired were to sue you over that page they aren't liable -- they're just selling ads.

Their rules of membership can be found at http://www.burstmedia.com/release/join/faq.htm#4

As for the NDA part, there are usually standard NDAs about the pricing of ads which is considered proprietary -- I can tell people how much the rate card is but I can't say how much advertiser X is actually paying for ads (which is rarely the rate card price), but that's it for confidentiality.

The Flycast thing is weird. I guess I won't be running their ads either.