Re: CallTheShots.com

Author:Jeremy Bowers
Posted:11/18/1999; 12:26:42 PM
Topic:CallTheShots.com

Take for example the sculptor who created the freize that is over the entry way for the National Cathedral. A near-replica of his work was used in the movie "Devil's Advocate" without his permission. He sued (and I believe he won) to have the image removed from the film.

Details: http://www.benedict.com/visual/devil/devil.htm

Also relevant: http://www.benedict.com/digital/www/webiss.htm . The very last section deals with nearly this exact topic, except that it talks about merely linking things in like images, not snarfing (is that an official term? It's got more charecter then scraping "qbullet.smiley") content as CallTheShots.com.

As for the authority of the site author, I was not able to find a direct statement but here's the list of things that have cited the above-linked website: http://www.benedict.com/news/reference/reference.htm .