Re: Betty

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/3/1999; 3:59:31 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

10 points to Wes.

At LVT we were marching thru all the Flintstones characters for our codenames. I forget how this started. I think one of our competitors in those long-gone days had a programming language called Fred.

There actually was a real Betty, but her actually name was Patty. I called her Betty. Her last name was Carney. But I changed that to Guernsey. So if you read the Credits page on LVT products, probably even some UserLand ones, you'll see Betty Guernsey. So, truth be told, there actually is no person named Betty Guernsey.

We looped back to LVT names briefly in 1997-8 because the HTTPization of Frontier was the realization of the goals of the original Betty, to have an outliner wired to a network.