water on Mars survey

Author:Dino Morelli
Posted:12/7/1999; 6:27:43 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

94% of UserLand.Com members believe there is water on Mars.

Now, I'm not sure of this, I'm no scientist. Nor have I studied Mars at all. But what's frozen in the polar regions? I know I've seen pictures of what looks like our polar ice caps. Is that water?

If so, it's gotta be a massive amount of water.

On a related note, I was watching some educational tv the other night, something about the moon. Apparently there is believed to be a significant amount of water there, too. In shady areas in deep craters. Kinda important for colonization.

PS. I'm saddened about the recent apparent failure of the Mars mission. :(