Re: Manila customizations keep coming and coming...

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/18/1999; 6:20:42 PM
Topic:Manila customizations keep coming and coming...

Jason, here's a secret that I hope doesn't negate any of the pleasure you get from being listened to.

The advice we get in terms of feature requests from pros like yourself is worth a lot to us. We had been using Manila for quite a long time before we released it. But we never would have known which direction to take it until we released it. Very quickly the requests were grouping up and we followed a really simple time-tested algorithm --> give the users what they want.

It's no extra work for us. We were already committed to improving Manila. However, because people were so generous with us in letting us know what they want, we were able to zero in on a few easy to implement features that would allow the sites to improve quickly.

Also, the power of the UserLand.Com membership is awesome. Having a site that appeals to web developers means we can quickly put together a product that serves their needs.