Re: EditThisPage Free -- Why?

Author:Brett Bourne
Posted:12/23/1999; 8:19:40 AM
Topic:EditThisPage Free -- Why?

interesting thread . . .

actually, I am considering launching a commercial Manila hosting service and thought 60 days free was a great way to showcase Manila and provide a low-cost-to-entry option for those who don't want to purchase the full boat (cheap as it is)- I will implement the same program here (if I can get management to break with the cash!)

that the trial on Userland servers is now of indeterminate length is no concern to me (other than being encouraged to work with my own editthispage.com site!) - we will need many, many folks to "get their feet wet" to drive significant market interest in Manila and Frontier

I am also considering offering a low-cost setup option for folks moving existing sites (either from editthispage.com or our own 60 day free service)

it seems to me Dave/Userland's method beats the hell out of shipping CD's with "250 hours free"

cheers