Re: iReview needs a Mac

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:1/6/2000; 5:13:59 PM
Topic:iReview needs a Mac

but I wish he'd stop pointing to Amazon. It makes me think twice about pointing to him. Better to take a stand when it counts, and fight the patent abusers, like Amazon.

I see your point, and I myself point to places like fatbrain instead.

However, for Doc, it can't be easy. His book has just launched. Amazon for an author provides a far superior platform for pumping your books than any of the other sites.

But the rest of us can direct people to buy from fatbrain etc instead. And maybe work with those vendors to get their author services up to speed with Amazon's. Or make them better.

Amazon, for example, won't allow any critical comments about them in author comments or reader comments. That's counter to the cluetrain message.

So we could push someone like fatbrain to be quite open and roll with the punches - in the long run they'll improve and be taken more seriously than Amazon. Within reason of course. Nutbars can be excluded or deleted. But reasonable complaints or criticisms ought to be allowed to stand. Markets are conversations after all.

But for now I don't think it can be easy for someone like Doc to give Amazon the finger. Just my opinion. :)