Re: Midgard, Zope, Manila, ...

Author:Daniel Pfile
Posted:1/12/2000; 2:56:55 PM
Topic:Midgard, Zope, Manila, ...

Check out Zope Newbies hosted by Userland. The auther is doing a great job, I'm a pretty active Zope user and I read it every day. BTW, Zope is really great, It's got a high learning curve, but It lets you write some pretty powerfull applications quickly once you start to get the hang of it. Manila is great if you want to keep learning to a minimum. I've never seen anything easier than it.

Zope runs on almost any Unix (Linux, *BSD, Solaris, OS X, etc), and NT. http://weblogs.userland.com/zopeNewbies/

I havn't tried Midgard personally, I got addicted to zope, but it should run anywhere php does, Unix and NT only I believe. I don't know of any sites about it.

Manila runs on MacOS and NT, there's a site at: http://weblogs.userland.com/manilaNewbies/ Manila is Open Source and written in UserTalk, it runs on top of Frontier.