Re: Fighting Back for the Mac™

Author:Lantz Rowland
Posted:1/12/2000; 11:53:12 PM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

Hi,

I might be taking a simple statement, wrong, but in this topic thread, it scared me.

I have always been vehemently opposed to the style of pathological coupling, in which Microsoft has entwined it's Internet Explorer ( and other applications ) with the Windows OS.

The Vital Model style of how to communicate between the Human Client, Applications and the Macintosh OS is a lot more empowering to the Human. This can be easily felt in the communications between such Macintosh applications such as Frontier , Internet Config, AppleScript, QuickKeys, Anarchy and BBEdit.

It is that style of Open Messaging, that can enable an application to send Information to it's Human Client, in a clearly defined Xml-Rpc message, which include it's willingness to accept help from any other Agent that can help present or enhance that single Message Container of Information to it's Human Client.

It is that style of Open Messaging that enables the Human to say which Agents they like to work with, for whatever reason. If your Human Client wants to be able to say, that they actually would prefer to have your Frontier Xml-Rpc Message containing a Spreadsheet of Numbers, rendered as a 3D Color Hologram whenever the Cray is bored , what do you care.

I do appreciate all the work Microsoft has done in implementing Css, but I personally prefer Opera as my browser under Win98 to avoid the coupling and enable my personal Css preferences. I still occasionally look at documents with Lynx out of curiosity, and I am still forced to check if Netscape has broken the content of w3c validated documents.

Please Dave, just what are the Xml-Rpc Messages you want Frontier to send to your Human Client, that you would like some other Agent to assist you in presenting to your Human Client.

Lantz