Re: Manila on Linux

Author:Dennis Moser
Posted:1/14/2000; 11:22:24 AM
Topic:Manila on Linux

Nah, Dave, I've been lurking here for too long not to expect the Unvarnished Truth from you. 8-)

You guys do great software and you have personally tried to maintain a dialogue with your users.

I see a great opportunity for Frontier on Linux (I like the idea of my Mac playing nice w/ Windows and Linux!)...I'm only just becoming more and more of a sysadmin, so questions of WHAT these tools run on is becoming increasingly important. And at work, we are running Linux. Red Hat. Soooo...a Linux-based version of Frontier/Manila is exactly what we need for developing our intranet.

Because of some of the arcana with which we deal (visit acronymania.editthispage.com and you'll start to understand...), easy-to-use tools that are not hideously expensive to buy and upgrade and that run on some fairly unsophisticated equipment are always welcome.

(Pardon the shamelss plug for the site...)