Re: moonfruit.com (imagine manila+flash)

Author:David Golding
Posted:2/2/2000; 3:47:33 PM
Topic:moonfruit.com (imagine manila+flash)

Here in Australia, from an 128K ISDN line at work or 10M cable at home, it looks pretty sweet. I haven't been able to really play with it though, because it seems to have trouble with Flash and Opera, and I won't open up my security settings just to play with it through IE. I don't seem to have Flash bundled with IE5/Windows98SE.

Regarding interface design, I'd say it's not the greatest. It's a game interface, not for general use. I have to spend much to much time looking for things and waiting for animations to run their course for it to be really usable.

But it is good to see people really starting to push the web. I love the beautiful work that's gone into this interface, I love being able to truly resize it (not just make the window bigger and see everything wrap differently), I love the cleanness of everything - it looks amazing on my 19" monitor. I really can't wait till there are more sites out there using similar new technologies (esp SVG) and everyone gets part the crazy experimental stage and we get excellent usable GUI on the web.