Re: Adobe and SVG

Author:Jeremy Bowers
Posted:2/11/2000; 10:28:01 PM
Topic:Adobe and SVG

I wonder why the View Source command is dimmed on IE5 when viewing this stuff??

Strange. Last I knew, IE is utterly incapable of rendering web content without saving it to the hard drive, which is why you absolutely cannot tell IE to not cache anything on your hard drive; even in IE5, it demands at least one MB. (I learned this when we were trying to avoid storing potentially private information in the user's cached file; eventually, we stopped sending that sensitive information at all, since it can't be stopped.)

Therefore, my question is, can you find those files in your Temporary Internet Files directory? If not then they are doing something quite interesting. If so, then so much for dimming View Source as a source-code security measure.