Re: Give Democracy a Chance

Author:Dori Smith

let's make free speech on the Net an issue, as it wasn't an issue in 1996.

When I wrote this while you were at Davos, I was wishing that you were around to pick up the ball and run with it. I should have had faith that you didn't need a reminder that speech wants to be free!

Over on Backup Brain, I wrote a short essay on Feb. 11 about why I re-registered Republican so I could vote for McCain in the CA primary. People think I'm a nut, and there's not a chance I'll vote for him in the fall, but it's (imo) our only shot at having this dialog.

Given Gore's past history with the PMRC, I don't think that there's a chance of him coming out in favor of free speech. Cue Ode to Tipper...