Re: The idled workaholic

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/5/2000; 11:01:39 AM
Topic:The idled workaholic

"Marc Canter" says that truly satisfied people drive cabs.

About "Macbird", it's probably not acceptance that's driving me, or maybe it is.

Look what's happening with "XML-RPC", it's gaining acceptance now. Is that satisfying? You bet. It makes me want to do another one, because they plug together. With one you need the other.

To do what I really want to do, which is create a truly independent developer space that's free from the giant companies and their idiocy and greed, we have to have a solid design tool.

Now why do I want a free space to develop? If I actually get what I want will I be satisfied? I bet I won't, but I bet I grow when I get there. Another thing off my list of things to strive for.

BTW, I really wasn't laying a trap for you, I was wondering if you and others had thought about this. That's all.

"spicy noodles"