Re: Looking for examples

Author:Tom Donovan
Posted:3/27/2000; 7:40:51 AM
Topic:Looking for examples

I set up a Manila site for the Tech Support team in my school district. We agreed to use it to keep track of the support tasks we do, and we're also adding how-tos and tip sheets for our teachers.

Often, one of us will get a tech support request from a staff member in one of our buildings and address it on the spot. Then later, the issue recurs, and another of us is contacted. With no knowledge of the history of the issue, we waste time going over old ground. Now, we can search the Manila site for previously-posted items related to this issue and avoid duplication of effort.

Also, as we post the requests and solutions, we are building a knowledge base of issues our district faces.

Another goal of having the site is to document (for administration and school board) just how much we do that is otherwise invisible.