Re: Pike->Zope through XML-RPC

Author:Ken Kennedy

The business about requiring a Manila site is not much of a requirement, when you think about how free Manila sites are.

Point well taken. I was thinking Manila SERVERS, not Manila sites. In fact, I used to have an ETP wlog...but I can't find it now. I just dinked with it for starters, early on. Maybe I got expired for lack of use, or I removed it when I finished playing, or something. Anyway, I'll get a new one up and running RSN.

Who has a Zope server to play with?

Uhhh...me, I suppose! *grin* I've been dinking around slowly with it, so there's not much there now, but if you want a login, just let me know. I'd be honored!!

This'll be WAY fun. I really like it. I do have one question, Dave. I'm looking over the Pikebeta license, and I may not:

Modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction), or create derivative works based on the Software;

In wildass development terms, am I ok? I don't want to steal your work, but I might want to do something similar with some GNOME toolkit in Linux. Or something. ANYTHING I would do would be Open Source, if that helps (or doesn't, I don't know). Do you understand what I'm saying? I'm really excited to use the beta, but I don't want to give up some right I didn't mean to...and if you're wondering, no, I won't have ANY problem purchasing Pike if I'm digging it once it's out of beta. As long as it's not $750, or something. (I just couldn't afford that...) I'm not a "NO COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE" fanatic, but I do like free/OSS tools when they're available...if you've got questions, just ask.

Thanks, Dave! You're the man!

Ken