Re: Deepleap

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/15/2000; 2:22:16 PM
Topic:Deepleap

Maybe they have a collaborative filtering idea?

It's interesting for me, being on the other side of this one. Usually I struggle to get people to believe that my idea has a path, is going somewhere, now I see it applied to a company whose idea I don't understand, but why not assume they do know what they're doing?

Perhaps all those bookmarks they hope to create are seeding their engine with related links in some way?

Perhaps they're focusing on a small number of websites first (say weblogs) and plan to learn, before taking their show on the road. It wouldn't be the first time. That's where epinions got their early reviewers. Could happen again.

I have already thought of a few ideas that relate to a connection between Pike and their service.

I'd like to see us all give them a chance.