Re: For review: tcp.getMail

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:4/21/2000; 3:44:53 PM
Topic:For review: tcp.getMail

I also thought of a possible change to the main loop logic. Currently, the main loop gets a mail item, parses it, then deletes it. If the messages are large, or there are many parts, or the net connection is slow, there might be some potential cost savings for people paying for dial-up-by-the-minute [at least] if I ran two loops.

I would argue against deleting before parsing. If there's an error in the parsing, this would preserve the message on the server.

I would also ask that if you do more extensive mime parsing to split out the routine into its own script so that it would be useful to other scripts.

eric