Virus or idiot?

Author:Wesley Felter

An email that's either a virus or sent by an idiot.

LOL! I agree. That reminds me of an article I recently read about a company that has put lots of effort into whiz-bang multimedia Java applets which are designed to be mass-mailed (i.e. spammed) to people. They say in the article that they have an opt-in policy. But who would opt-in to such a thing?

Whenever I see something like this, I wonder: Are these people totally out of touch with the Net, or am I out of touch with most Net users?

(BTW, VeriSign & Authenticode don't certify that software is safe, just that you know who it comes from.)