Re: PS: Don't open email enclosures, ever.

Author:Jim Stegman
Posted:5/5/2000; 6:54:43 AM
Topic:Virus from Manila

I agree with Dave. The typical user doesn't have a clue about the potential problems that can result when they double-click an attachment. Somehow we need to get the idea across that an Attachment is like an assault rifle that someone sent you. Would you pull the trigger without checking to see if it is loaded or not?

Only a child would.

Well there are millions of email users that are just as naive about the technology as a child with an assault rifle.

If they don't know how to open it safely, they shouldn't try.