Re: YES!!! This is it.

Author:Steven Vore

think the firewalls are going to have to bend or the corporate users are going to be left out.

Well, then a good many of us will be left out. Corporate security policies are written in stuff harder than concrete, at least at the large shops I've been at. There's no way that corporate will allow any sort of externally-started conversation. That's nothing I (your potential user) can change.

I don't know what the answer is, Dave, but if ICQ and others can find ways through, there's gotta be a way to have happy users without getting them fired for "breaking" security.

Pike is gui, yes? perhaps the user could, instead of clicking a button on the web page, drag the url to a Pike window? Pike then begins the conversation outward. I'm not a Pike user (yet?) so I am speaking from ignorance here; does that sound workable?

-Steven