Re: Alternate approach (was Re: Firewalls, Hooray)

Author:Sam Yates

Cool, I'm glad it sounds good to you too. The "I'm not worthy" part is probably a bit much. :) If it will be as easy to implement as it sounds like you think it will, that's quite a tribute to you guys making some very flexible software.

Anyway, I got the idea from a (long-dead) Internet micropayment system I worked on at school, where the wallet program worked in a role very similar to what I described for Pike.

While that payment system had its issues, the "local proxy" program was never one of them.