Re: Alternate approach (was Re: Firewalls, Hooray)

Author:Dave Winer

James, it wasn't totally unobvious, that's why the slap in the forehead. I'm sure UserLand has prior art in this area, probably in console.root, which is an ancient precursor to Manila, and was similarly integrated with Frontier which is the grandpa of Pike.

Aside from that, if he patented the idea I would hate him instead of love him. I prefer the latter, as do all principled engineers, imho.