Re: Alternate approach (was Re: Firewalls, Hooray)

Author:David Carter-Tod

Too bad you never patented the idea. Might have some value.

Maybe someone has a patent?

I'm sure the idea is out there in the public domain. I always assumed this was the way "Pike" and "Edit in Frontier" worked. I think I even implemented editIt using this technique at one time, and I'm not the smartest cookie in the box, so I'm sure someone else has too.

David