anti-Firewalls

Author:Ken MacLeod

I'm interested in the "firewalls aren't needed" side of this discussion. I would be very interested to hear alternative approaches to personal or organizational security that don't rely on "the IT Security Complex, justifying budgets through formal risk management"

Jakob Nielsen wrote that firewalls are the wrong approach to security. What is the right approach?

Does the right approach include any security considerations in developing protocols, file formats, or APIs?