Re: Dave's Gustatory Tour of New York

Author:Russell Lipton
Posted:6/10/2000; 5:27:53 PM
Topic:Sign me up for dinner in ....

Have eaten many times at Junior's - and the Stage Deli. Jewish food in NYC tastes unlike anywhere else in the world, even Israel (though I get that from my wife, not having gone myself).

We lived for 18 months in Paris and ate ourselves into an ecstatic cuisinary stupor. Just for kicks, I went to a "New York" deli there once. It was run by Parisian Jews and served bagels, lox, pastrami et al ... but tasted NOTHING like a New York deli. It was tres weird.

Anyway, I vote for Junior's but not breakfast please!