Re: O'Reilly Frontier book

Author:mike donellan

Just a thought, but I think it'd be cool to set up a weblog that serves that purpose -- a site where any and all users of Frontier, of all different levels of technical expertise, could submit content for such a book.

The site's m.e. could set up a skeletal table of contents... with links to what eventually would be chapters, etc., of the book. Members of the site could get updates on what's needed, what's been added, and all that.

Of course, there'd have to be a very patient - and knowledgeable - editor to sort through all the submissions. But you'd get a site with the same sort of structure as the LDP [Linux Doc Project], only geared towards Frontier or whatever!

You already have a great start on it I think... that is, with a simple search of Userland you can pull up a lot of stuff that certainly has potential to be useful in that respect.