Re: xml storage

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/26/2000; 11:23:43 AM
Topic:xml storage

Will there be a way for other apps to display outline-like elements? Will there be a way to apply transformations on your xml data? For instance I want to edit something like an outline, but then switch to an html view, and even test it out with a canned SVG view. If there was a way to apply xslt on the xml data, where the xsl stylesheet lived on the server too (sharable xslt files might replace manila themes :] ) .

Yes to all the above.

And yes it really is two-way. And it's so simple, there's almost nothing to it.

I have the plan worked out, it's worth the wait, it'll probably take most of the week to put it all together.

(BTW, Mozilla is a perfect fit!)