Re: Global Outliner?

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:6/26/2000; 12:56:44 PM
Topic:Global Outliner?

As Jakob Nielsen pointed out (When Bad Design Elements Become the Standard, November 14, 1999), it's what many people are familiar with, and therefore what they expect; anything else will seem wrong to someone weaned on Windows.

The fact that you (or I, for that matter) can't stand Windows' tree control will cut no ice with them.

I think the best compromise would be to let the user select the display style via a settings dialog. I'll select Mac-like (or Frontier-like); my idiot brother ;-) would select Windows-like, 'cause that's "the right way."

- Sam