SOAP doesn't scale?

Author:Ken MacLeod

A common myth is that SOAP does not perform well enough. I've heard this from people who participated in some way in the development of the low-level protocols of the Internet, things like DNS and SMTP.

"It won't scale," they say. "Trust me little newbie, we know."

Can't you point me to where this is being discussed?

It was always correct that XML-RPC does not scale in many ways, but SOAP corrects most of those problems, so one can not simply say that "SOAP does not scale, because XML-RPC did not scale."