Re: C# papers

Author:Glenn Carr
Posted:6/27/2000; 8:39:25 AM
Topic:C# papers

According to a MS marketeer C# will include a VM. Anybody here or read anything about that?

My thoughts...

We are a Microsoft shop, writing business-level COM components in Java using VJ++, and we love the Java/COM integration. Before (about a year ago), I was heads down in C++/ATL development with another company. At first I was disgusted with this announcement, but the more I read the spec, the more I like it. Who's to say this C# spec can't take off? IMHO, if the open source community had given birth to this spec, it would have met with a completely different response from the programmer community. Take a look at the language wrt its merits solely as a language.

"...and getting a good STL implementation..."

I completely agree, having just recently discovered ObjectSpace's free JGL container/algorithm Java library.

Glenn