Re: Napster Business Model

Author:Gary Robinson
Posted:6/27/2000; 1:19:35 PM
Topic:Napster Business Model

--Of course, there'll be some noise from the analog transmission, but if I just play the same song over the wire a few dozen times and then average out the results, I can reduce the damage caused by the noise.

--But that's exactly my point. Enough people won't bother putting in 2 hours of work for a 3 minute song to sound good, or won't want the quality degradation.

Personally, I suspect that with good enuf hardware, the degradation from a single straight copy of a song will be barely noticeable and probably not noticeable at all by most people (or maybe all people).

Remember many recordings made with analog equipment with ancient circuitry sound better than digital! I just can't see that a noticeable degredation is inevitable.