Re: Napster Business Model

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:6/27/2000; 4:28:08 PM
Topic:Napster Business Model

What the industry needs to develop is an authentication mechanism for digital media if they wish to retain copyright control. It needs to be cheap, iron-clad, and hard as hell to crack open. The equivalent of a title for large value property like automobiles and property.

Looks like I'm about 24 hours ahead of my time. Just noticed this little gem:

http://www.wirednews.com/news/business/0,1367,37256,00.html

Seems that AOL is going to take a stab at digital rights management...