Re: Universal Data Repository

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/4/2000; 9:43:24 PM
Topic:Universal Data Repository

All this was worked out in Frontier very fast but trouble begins when the amount of messages exceeds a number of 10000. to manipulate table of this size kills my frontier.exe everytime. This is one of the reasons why we are looking for a tighter database integration into frontiers odb.

I think we should get to the bottom of the problem here, we have a bunch of applications with lots more data than that, and for those applications Frontier seems to have no problems.

For example this database now has more than 18,000 messages in a single table.

Andre, could you check this out with Tom?